PR Account Executive / Junior PR Account Manager
Location: Bath, UK office
4 days a week/ flexible working
4-day working week
Company pension scheme
Training and support
Statutory annual holiday entitlement
Good career progression
About the role
At Abode PR, we help our clients develop their reputation in the international short-term rental industry through media relations, thought-leadership development, communications strategy and content marketing. We are thought leaders ourselves and have a growing reputation as the ‘go to’ PR specialists for the industry.
Working closely with the business owner, this role would suit an ambitious individual looking to grow an exciting career in B2B public relations working with inspiring international clients making waves in the travel, property and tech space.
- Support the planning and implementation of impactful PR campaigns and strategies for a range of B2B global travel technology, PropTech and property management clients in the international short-term rental industry.
- Combine creativity with a growing knowledge of the media landscape in order to recognise media angles that will generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum including trade, business and technology press for our clients.
- Ability to write accurate, engaging and high-quality media releases and content for online B2B platforms.
- Support in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns.
- Liaising with our clients and acting as a key point of contact.
- Sell ideas into media contacts – gaining positive coverage for our clients.
- Fully participate in brainstorming and support the creation of workable PR programmes for new business and existing clients.
- Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain media lists, influencer programs, conference/speaking opportunities lists and award lists.
- Report directly and work closely with the business owner.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a B2B PR agency, in-house or with related journalism experience. We will consider a recent graduate with a suitable degree and work experience and the right outlook.
- Happy to work in a small (but growing) boutique PR agency working closely with the owner.
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to adapt style for different audiences and clients.
- An interest in and a growing understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what makes a good story, as well as exceptional relationship building skills.
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, at all levels.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- An ambitious self-starter that demonstrates the ability to work independently, whilst also maintaining team role.
- Interest in working with international clients (and media) and a sensitivity to their different work styles and relationship cultures.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
To apply, please email your CV, a cover email and a one-minute video of you telling us why you think you are perfect for this role (nothing fancy – just a head to head of you and a camera!) to Jessica Gillingham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are open to flexible working arrangments. No agencies please.
For an informal chat, please call 07817 317176.