Here we share our industry insight about the sectors we work in – specifically short-term rentals, property technology and hospitality technology as well as our expertise about public relations, brand storytelling and data-driven content. Browse the articles and dig deep into our knowledge base.
We can look at minimizing risk not only at a property level but also from the perspective of ‘future-proofing’ both on an individual business level, and an industry level. By ‘future-proofing’ I mean ensuring that the vacation rental industry continues to be successful in the future; as and when situations change.
Distinguishing your business from the crowd is one of the fundamental challenges for business strategy for any property manager. There are a ton of books and advice available out there to help businesses of all kinds both create and maintain an advantage in order to attract and keep customers.
I’ve worked in the larger travel industry for over 20 years, and during that time I’ve witnessed a great deal of ‘disruption’, as well as much stagnation.
I remember when airline tickets used to be mailed out to us to send on to customers and were sometimes even handwritten. And honestly, I’m really not that old!
Having a Thought Leadership strategy is a fundamental tool for B2B public relations with most companies looking to develop their public-facing expertise strategically as a way of gaining a competitive edge. However, it’s a strategy that is less synonymous with consumer-facing brands but can still work very well as a tactic for a property manager with a clear knowledge of related topics.
There’s been a thread running on social media recently asking the question, ‘Who are the influencers for the vacation rental industry?’ It’s an interesting question and there are some obvious answers, as you might expect.
The vacation rental industry has some very smart people who are not afraid of voicing solid opinions and sharing their insight with us.
Improving and defining ‘Guest Experience’ is a hot topic for the vacation rental industry right now and rightly so. Our industry has historically suffered from a poor reputation for providing inconsistent standards of customer experience
In any industry, when your head is firmly tucked in a vertical, it is easy to exist in a bubble or silo mentality and think that your industry is the only one. It’s so important (I think so anyway) to occasionally jump out of your comfort zone and see where you fit in the bigger picture.
Many of my connections and clients current and past, will be heading out to Las Vegas at the end of the month for the annual Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA) National. Only this time the vacation rental industry’s most attended ‘meetup’ is going Global.
Developing an effective public relations strategy should be an important consideration for a property management business once it reaches a certain size and has clarified its larger business goals and ambitions. PR covers a range of objectives and actions that includes media relations, content creation, social amplification, thought leadership development and news generation.
It is often quoted that Bill Gates apparently once said, “If I was down to my last dollar, I’d spend it on public relations.” Clearly, Bill knows a thing or two about building a brand, but why the strong emphasis on PR?
Essentially, PR helps a business to tell its story in a way, and through a variety of trusted sources, that will engage, attract and retain an audience.
In the words of David C. Baker, “There is business in expertise”.
There has always been something very intriguing to me about being a ‘subject matter expert’ over being a generalist. The process of digging deep into a vertical rather than merely gracing the sides of a horizontal is interesting to me. There is real excitement in detail.
First. Public Relations is not just about press releases. It’s also not even just about securing coverage. Public Relations is a management function that is concerned with strategic communications to build mutually beneficial relationships between an organization and its audiences, or ‘publics’.
- The importance of a strong PR strategy in real estate tech
- The Power of Effective PR for Hospitality Tech Startups
- 3 reasons why Abode PR is the agency you’ll want to join
- 5 Disruptive Technologies Changing Vacation Rentals in 2021
- Flex living? Digital nomadism? The new buzzwords in the short term rental industry
- 5 reasons why B2B podcasts increase awareness for your hospitality tech brand
- Refocus your B2B PR strategy with 4 core objectives
- The acceleration of contactless tech adoption in vacation rentals
- Why 2021 will be “The Year of Operations”
- Our founding principles: Integrity, Vision, Partnership and Flexibility
- Why B2B content has never been so valuable
- The power of B2B public relations: building reputations for growth
- 5 tips for engaging B2B Tech content creation
- Easing traveller anxiety and rebuilding trust in the short-term rental industry
- Don’t stop communicating during times of uncertainty
- Does your business have its crisis communications strategy in place?
- A Manifesto for 2020 – how to take your PR strategy to the next level
- 5 key elements to executing a winning B2B thought leadership strategy
- 5 top tips to maximise your B2B media coverage
- High Tech High Touch: The Future of Hospitality
- Face your fear: public speaking in the short-term rental industry
- The importance of a solid PR strategy
- Using data to drive the story of your short-term rental business
- Why we’re sponsoring GuestyVal
- Future proofing the vacation rental industry
- The issue of value proposition and the professional vacation rental industry
- Disruption or stagnation? Only time will tell
- So you want to be a Thought Leader?
- Would the real influencers please stand up
- Why creating an exceptional guest experience matters