Here we share our industry insight about the sectors we work in – specifically short-term rentals, property technology and hospitality technology as well as our expertise about public relations, brand storytelling and data-driven content. Browse the articles and dig deep into our knowledge base.
Achieving media coverage is hard work. It requires patience, persistence and the ability to spot and create content and news that is interesting, relevant and worthy of being consumed and shared.
So, when you or your company achieves that brilliant article or gets featured in a news story, make sure that your media coverage is working for you way beyond just the initial excitement and traffic spike.
Technology can give guests many elements that elevate the guest experience (think property automation, smart tech, digital guest books, anticipating guest preferences, instant communication and booking) but according to a report by the Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, the top-ranked Hospitality & Leisure Management Universities in 2019, 81% of travellers mention the quality of beds…
PR is all about storytelling. It’s about the message you deliver and, crucially, how you deliver it. A carefully crafted PR message will get lost in the weeds unless it is communicated succinctly, authentically and with some personality. Something which is often overlooked…
In most industries, jargon is used as a shortcut for communication. PR is no different. The terms ‘PR strategy’ and ‘PR campaign’ are closely linked but often used interchangeably. However, they have very different meanings.
So what’s the difference between a strategy and a campaign in PR? When your PR agency says they have masterminded a plan for your short-term rental business, what does that actually mean?
As a public relations specialist, I often urge the businesses I work with to provide us with data, which we can use to build media stories. It’s not enough to say, ”we are the best company in the world at X,Y and Z”. You need to show your audience, and the best way of showing is by backing up your claim with facts.
As a small PR agency and consultancy, Abode PR doesn’t have deep pockets. Marketing spend is something that must be very carefully considered. Most new clients come from referrals or after having developed a relationship as a result of speaking at an industry event, or through articles I write. Advertising and sponsoring just isn’t our thing.
We can look at minimizing risk not only at a property level but also from the perspective of ‘future-proofing’ both on an individual business level, and an industry level. By ‘future-proofing’ I mean ensuring that the vacation rental industry continues to be successful in the future; as and when situations change.
Distinguishing your business from the crowd is one of the fundamental challenges for business strategy for any property manager. There are a ton of books and advice available out there to help businesses of all kinds both create and maintain an advantage in order to attract and keep customers.
I’ve worked in the larger travel industry for over 20 years, and during that time I’ve witnessed a great deal of ‘disruption’, as well as much stagnation.
I remember when airline tickets used to be mailed out to us to send on to customers and were sometimes even handwritten. And honestly, I’m really not that old!
Having a Thought Leadership strategy is a fundamental tool for B2B public relations with most companies looking to develop their public-facing expertise strategically as a way of gaining a competitive edge. However, it’s a strategy that is less synonymous with consumer-facing brands but can still work very well as a tactic for a property manager with a clear knowledge of related topics.
There’s been a thread running on social media recently asking the question, ‘Who are the influencers for the vacation rental industry?’ It’s an interesting question and there are some obvious answers, as you might expect.
The vacation rental industry has some very smart people who are not afraid of voicing solid opinions and sharing their insight with us.
Improving and defining ‘Guest Experience’ is a hot topic for the vacation rental industry right now and rightly so. Our industry has historically suffered from a poor reputation for providing inconsistent standards of customer experience
- The acceleration of contactless tech adoption in vacation rentals
- Why 2021 will be “The Year of Operations”
- Our founding principles: Integrity, Vision, Partnership and Flexibility
- Why B2B content has never been so valuable
- The power of B2B public relations: building reputations for growth
- 5 tips for engaging B2B Tech content creation
- Easing traveller anxiety and rebuilding trust in the short-term rental industry
- Don’t stop communicating during times of uncertainty
- Does your business have its crisis communications strategy in place?
- A Manifesto for 2020 – how to take your PR strategy to the next level
- 5 key elements to executing a winning B2B thought leadership strategy
- Refocus your B2B PR strategy for 2020: 4 core objectives
- 5 top tips to maximise your B2B media coverage
- High Tech High Touch: The Future of Hospitality
- Face your fear: public speaking in the short-term rental industry
- The importance of a solid PR strategy
- Using data to drive the story of your short-term rental business
- Why we’re sponsoring GuestyVal
- Future proofing the vacation rental industry
- The issue of value proposition and the professional vacation rental industry
- Disruption or stagnation? Only time will tell
- So you want to be a Thought Leader?
- Would the real influencers please stand up
- Why creating an exceptional guest experience matters
- WTM / Travel Forward – where was the vacation rental industry?
- Vacation rentals go global in Vegas
- Developing a public relations strategy for your vacation rental business
- The digital opportunity for developing your brand
- One year on. What I know for sure.
- PR and the sales funnel – The journey from awareness to guest loyalty